Learn how to make this calendar here.
WHAT’S IN SEASON
. Onions, shallots
. Hard squash like butternut, acorn, and pumpkin
. Fruits like apples, pears, and lemons
. Dried beans like white beans and chickpeas
1. Caramelized Onion And Barbecued Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese is the coziest. Find the recipe here.
2. Maple Apple Bacon Doughnuts
The doughnut is a pastry for all seasons; this maple-bacon-apple variant is perfect for February. Find the recipe here.
3. Vinegar-Braised Chicken And Onions
Find the recipe at Bon Apptit.
This pizza will brighten up your day. Find the recipe here.
6. Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Potato Skins
A variation on your standard meat and potatoes. Find the recipe here.
You don’t need a torch to get the perfect brule. Find this oven-friendly recipe here.
8. Chocolate Brownies With Caramel
Sweet chocolate and salty caramel. Questions? Fine the recipe here.
This crunchy, spicy Vietnamese sandwich is a classic for a reason. Find the recipe here.
10. New England Clam Chowder
11. Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Lentils, Bacon, and Pear Salad
12. Egg, Salmon, Caper Toast
This dish would be perfect for brunch. Find the recipe here.
13. Duck Salad With Pears and Blue Cheese
Now THIS is a salad that knows how to live. Find the recipe here.
14. Sweet Potatoes With White Beans And Kale
Don’t those beans look so cozy? Find the recipe here.
15. Orange Chocolate Chip Scones
A fried egg will only add to the delicious mess of a sloppy joe. Find the recipe here.
It’s Valentine’s Day this month. Make red velvet cupcakes for your friends with this recipe.
18. Carrot Soup With Toasted Chickpeas And Creme Fraiche
19. Thin Pancakes With Jam
Thin pancakes are actually the best because you can eat more of them. Get the recipe here.
20. Butternut Squash And Farro Salad
Hearty and bright salads are key to getting you through the rest of the winter. Find the recipe here.
Make these for your Super Bowl party. Find the recipe here.
22. Sweet Potato And Quinoa Salad With Soft Boiled Egg
If you’re feeling up for a challenge, make your own squash gnocchi with this recipe.
24. S’mores Stuffed French Toast
Strawberries and blueberries are not in season, so stuff your french toast with chocolate and marshmallows instead. Find the recipe here.
Think of this as a Greek taco with delicious pork and cucumber. Find the recipe here.
26. Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
Bacon-wrapped anything is good. Bacon-wrapped scallops are GREAT. Find the recipe here.
27. Winter Squash With Goat Cheese, Pine Nuts, And Greens
Edible bowls are special. Find the recipe here.
28. Spicy Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup
The fat from the sausage makes this soup extra warming. Find the recipe here.
29. Mushrooms On Toast
photo credit to Ngoc Minh Ngo
This recipe is used with permission from Gather Journal. You can learn more about the journal (and see their beautiful photography) here.
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp all-purpose flour
4 scallions, chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
10 oz wild mushrooms such as maitake, trumpet, or oyster torn into small cluster if large
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
6 slices bread for toasting
1. Whisk together sour cream and flour in a small bowl.
2. Cook scallions, butter, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper in a skillet until scallions are tender. Add cream and simmer until just thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream mixture and cook 1 minute. Removed from heat and stir in 1/3 cup cheese. (This can be made 3 days ahead and kept chilled until you’re ready to serve.)
3. Heat oil in a large skillet until hot. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and saut until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in parsley and remove from heat.
4. Toast bread. Set oven to broil. Arrange toasts on a baking sheet and generously spread with scallion-cream and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until brown and bubbly. Top with mushrooms.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/delicious-things-to-cook-for-february
The post 29 Delicious Things To Cook In February appeared first on Photography Guide To Everything.