The artist behind the project told BuzzFeed he wanted to explore what style and identity means to different generations.
1. Qozop, an artist from Singapore, was struck by the generational and cultural divide in his country.
2. With that in mind, he decided to show the stark difference through an unusual photography project.
3. “I came to the realization that although Singapore, and much of Asia, have become westernized to a large degree, it is still possible to witness its generational and cultural divides through the clothes that we wear,” he told BuzzFeed.
4. Qozop said he wanted to flip the idea of “what style and identity means by making the participant[s] swap clothes”.
5. He made young people swap their everyday clothing with their parents or grandparents.
6. He added: “I hope that what people take away from my project is not just a lesson in fashion, but rather one in the understanding of self.”
7. His project has proved popular and he has plans to expand its reach by taking it overseas.
8. His favourite snap? “If I really had to pick one, my favourite image would be the grandma with the lady in a blue dress standing by the window. Only because that is my grandma in the picture!”
The post Teenagers Swapped Clothes With Their Grandparents For These Delightful Photos appeared first on Photography Guide To Everything.